Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2024, 11:37 AM   #1

2024 Redwood 4200FL

We are considering a purchase of a new Redwood 4200FL. It’s difficult to find current satisfaction reviews from current owners. I know Crossroads/Redwood has had some issues in the past but I’m wondering how the late model Redwoods are holding up from both a quality standpoint and an after market customer service/warranty standpoint. Thanks in advance!
WatsonRVLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 07:52 PM   #2

I will tell you this much..... You will get an array of answers from they are awesome, to they suck.... Truth is, they are built in Indiana by the same work fork force that builds 90% of the RV's...

My first Redwood was a 2016 and it came with some minor issues, all of which the dealer handled... my present Redwood is a 2020 and just like the 16, it came with some minor issues either at delivery, or after usage, all of which the dealer fixed.

I strongly believe that YOUR dealer can make or brake you feelings with any manufacturer.

After attending the last RV show here, I walked away saying to my self, I love my Redwood.... You have to have thick skin and a knowledge and ability to just suck it up and fix somethings yourself.

I camped next to a guy 2 or 3 years ago that had a brand new DRV, HE HATED IT... the list of things that were wrong or broke was as long as my arm, and he showed me some of the workmanship...

While at Lazy Days picking up u buddies new Solitude, I was chatting with a service technician that was working on a brand new Rivestone... he told me to NEVER BUY a Riverstone. they had more issues than any other brand they sold. When we were getting our recent "2020" we were also looking at Landmarks, that is until we looked at them in person and walked through several.

Good Luck with your decision.

Joe ~ Ford Truck Guy
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2024, 12:57 PM   #3

I have to agree, I believe the factory pays the work force flat rate and pushes as many RV out of the factory as possible. These are all production line RV's with the exception of maybe 3~6 brands like SpaceCraft , New Horizons. You have to be able to fix or modify these things or your opinion will be negative on the quality of the build. Your wallet may have sticker shock with the well built RV's so most of us have learned to live with good RV's that need repairs often caused by decisions made to keep cost down during production.

For example, in my opinion leaf springs are installed at the factory level to keep cost down but in reality, they drive the cost of ownership up for the consumer. The coach rides so rough it causes many things to loosen up or break, all your cabinets doors open up on rough roads and letting the items inside fall out and possible break or damage what they land on. Many of the owners of these heavy RV's have upgraded to Morryde IS suspension to help with this issue. Sometimes money spent upfront is the best choice, I am NOT shopping for a RV based on bottom line price .

If your budget fits for a redwood and that's what you like, and it fits your needs then buy one , don't worry about the few owners that are keyboard cowboys on Monday because something minor happens . We had a Holiday Rambler trailer before the Redwood , It was built as a weekend use trailer (not much storage) . When we started looking at 5th wheels many of them are built as weekend trailer not for full time use with very little storage .My point to all this is spend a LOT of time thinking about how your going to use it ,How much your going to tow ( miles ). Short trips every weekend or long trips with thousands of miles because it make a difference on the product you should be looking at. Your doing the right thing by asking veteran owners what to think about and how to sort out your needs.

I will add that Cross Roads possible built a better RV then you would believe based on pre 2017 reviews you can find on the internet. Keystone currently owns Redwood .