Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2024, 01:58 PM   #1

TV Antenna

It appears my TV booster has quit working. When we arrived at our campsite we could only get 4 channels when previously camping at the same spot we would get upwards of 15-20 channels. As the week progressed we now get no channels no matter which way we point the antenna. I have done all the obvious things, checked tightness on all accessible connections the green light is on, many scans with antenna in many positions. Can I just purchase any booster, say from Wallmart, and put it in line with the original booster so both my TV's will work?
robkathybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 12:54 PM   #2

After further investigation I found the inner wire of the female coax connector rusted away. After re-doing the connection it still didn't work. We purchased a $34 antenna from Walmart and attached it to the antenna on the roof, attached the trailer coax to it and we now get 34 channels. I suspect the inside of the male connection on the old trailer antenna is also rusted away. So now I'll have to go up on the roof to install and remove the Walmart antenna, and consider purchasing a new trailer antenna.
robkathybat is offline   Reply With Quote